Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DIY Tutorials // Extra Large Lollies


I've shown a tutorial here on hello there! house how to make paper lollies, but here's some simple directions on how to take those lollies to the next level! 


My extra huge lollies are made using Bazzill Basics new 24" x 12" cardstock found at Scrapbooks, ETC in Mesa. The Next size down is made with the 12" x 12" cardstock and the smaller size (the polka dot lollie) is made with printed 8.5 x 11" paper using Rhonna Designs Nautical Chic Papers



I followed the directions for the regular paper lollies, making my accordion folds hot dog style (use the long side) so it make them extra long. I had to use 5 pieces of paper to make a circle, it's really HUGE once you get it all hot glued together .


I repeated the process with the smaller pieces of paper (just 3 sheets for those) and added some more Nautical Chic Printable elements to jazz them up a bit. To attach the different sizes together, I punched holes in the lollies and wrapped them with wire. Then I cute out circles of chipboard from cereal boxes and hot glues those to the back for stability. Once I strung them up with Divine Twine from a punched hole in the largest lollie, they were ready to hang up! So fun & festive for the 4th, I think I'll leave them up until Labor Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...