Monday, June 20, 2011

Makeover Monday: My Master Bedroom

So.... remember when I was going to repaint my guest bath? Yeah..... I changed my mind.



This is the terrifying sight that confronted me Saturday morning. My old baby changer I scored about a year ago at a yard sale, now used for storage a mountain of crap. My entire bedroom in general has turned into a storage facility and an overgrown junk drawer. After living with it for years, I finally decided to take action.


It's actually a makeover in progress- I've only painted half the room, but so far I love love love it.

The breakdown:
-This makeover has started off wonderful- FREE! We had some leftover paint from our Interior Decorating client that Braden did some work for last week so we just used that to paint 3 walls. We also have some leftover grey that is darker in our garage from a few years ago when Braden painted another clients home. So we're using what we have, saving money, and also giving our bedroom a much needed makeover.

- Our neighbors are trading us some leftover baseboard in exchange for Braden to paint theirs so we'll be putting in some gorgeous new baseboard hopefully this week!

If you are wanting to save some money on some paints and don't have a specific color in mind, you can visit the Oops section in Home Depot that have paint people have returned or they messed up and see what you can do with your options.




Our pegboard was purchased a few months ago to house all my clipboards of all my projects I have going on. I love how organized the space looks now, and I can't wait to get a sewing desk put in there! I have been on the hunt for the perfect 9 or 12 drawer dresser to paint and cute the center out of so I can keep my sewing machine out all the time and store my fabric collection. If anyone has one for sale- holla at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...